Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

the mayor is 7


Today The Mayor turns 7...eek!  I am 100% confident I say it every year, but 7 seems really old.  I still remember the day he was born so well and to think how far we have come in 7 years just boggles my mind.  This cutie lost two teeth and got eyeglasses for his 7th birthday...it has been a big couple of weeks for him!

A few weeks ago in school, they did vision and hearing tests on the 1st graders.  I was surprised when The Mayor failed his vision test twice.  I chalked it up to lack of focus and playing around but decided I would take him to an actual eye doctor.  We were shocked to find out he is near-sighted with his vision being 20/60 and is red/green color blind!  We left with a prescription for glasses and came back several days later to pick them up.  I met him at the bus stop with his new glasses and when he put them on, his response was "wow!  I can see!!" I felt terribly guilty but all is well now and he loves his "seeing glasses".

The Mayor and Love Bug both tested for their new karate belts last week.  Love Bug is a Tiny Tiger blue belt and The Mayor is a big kid/adult orange belt!  D and I tested as well since we started and we are both orange belts too.  The family that kicks together sticks together :)


Last week The Mayor finished up his soccer season...by scoring his first goal of the season and the only goal of the game.  Our team won 1-0!  I was the obnoxious soccer mom screaming for him...the look of pride on his face was priceless...all season he has struggled with offense so he has played defense.  He is great at protecting the goal but not overly aggressive when it came to scoring.  Well, last Saturday was his time and he scored.  It was amazing...I only wish I had captured it on video but I know I won't forget it.


This morning The Mayor and D went to the greenway for The Mayor to ride his bike and D to run.  They went 5 miles!  Pretty impressive.

D completed his second Ironman a few weeks ago!  It was amazing and I am beyond proud of his accomplishments.  A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into preparation for that race and I cried tears of joy when he crossed that finish line.  I love watching D race!


This afternoon The Mayor's three best buds are coming over and we are going to hit an indoor trampoline park, have dinner then come back for a movie and sleepover.  D and Love Bug will have a special daddy/daughter date night.  It is going to be a great night but I am pretty certain we will all be exhausted tomorrow.

birthday celebration in The Mayor's class...lots of October birthdays!

my sweet 7 year old...sporting his new glasses


No comments:

Post a Comment