Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

drama, drama, drama


You would think from these pictures today was a tough day, but actually today was a great day. These pictures were taken a few minutes before bedtime. Love Bug was mad she couldn't reach her cup and The Mayor had just fallen over a bucket. I took a quick second to snap the photos...thought they were funny. And The Mayor was fine...no blood.

I gave myself an attitude adjustment and today was a much better day. The Mayor still ended up in timeout a couple of times today but I handled it all with a much cooler and level head. It made it so much easier to get through. My sister finished reading this book on parenting and now I am reading it. It isn't even the book that has really changed my attitude (although there are some great tips in it...but I've only gotten to the 2nd chapter) it is the page on Facebook I found regarding this book. Last night I started reading all of these parents requesting advice on the page's wall and it just started making me feel so much better. Parenting can really feel like a lonely deserted island when you are going through a tough phase with your child. And it doesn't matter how many times friends say "it's a phase, it's a phase" you still feel like your child is the only one struggling. So when I was able to read all of these parents struggling with similar situations with similar aged kids (and sadly, some much more serious issues) it made me 1. grateful (grateful I was only dealing with what I am dealing with...could be a lot worse) and 2. relieved (because there isn't something wrong with my kid. It really is just a phase).

I also embraced his independence and put it to work at the grocery store. The Mayor was my big helper today. He helped push the cart, get things off the shelf, put things in the cart, and put the items on the conveyor belt. The shopping trip went without a hitch and everyone was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment