Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

will i really look back on these days?


I know, I know...I hear it all the time.  I am going to miss these days.  Am I failure as a mother if I can honestly say there is a lot about this time I am not going to miss?

I'm just in the middle of a pity party.

The Mayor, while still kicking butt and exceeding how he did last year in preschool, has had some "off" days the past 3 school days.  And it. is. so. frustrating.

Every one step forward...two steps back.

But I'm trying to see the positive.  His teacher and I have been emailing back and forth this evening and she is such a Godsend.  Really.  She was so sweet and encouraging.  Which definitely makes me feel better.  But at the end of the day, I just want what is best for both of my kids.  And I know, it is unrealistic, but I just don't want them to struggle and hurt.  I know struggling and hurting is all part of growing up...but I just want some of the struggle to dwindle away right now.

Sensory Processing Disorder is such a beast and right now it is kicking my butt.

It is kind of ironic that a kid nicknamed The Mayor because he is so social struggles the most in social skills.  His OT recommended a social skills group (an 8-week course) that teaches kids his age how to socialize, play and interact with a larger group of kids.  I think this is just what we need.

Ok, pity party over...on a much lighter note...how cute are these??  I love to be crafty and I made all of these, including those canisters, this week.  I love this time of year!



No comments:

Post a Comment