Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 19, 2013

chattanooga and #37


This past weekend we were in Chattanooga for one of D's races.  Unfortunately, the triathlon was changed to a duathlon due to flooding in the Tennessee River and a ridiculously fast current.  Because it was unsafe, they canceled the swim portion so racers ran 2 miles (in lieu of the swim), biked 26 miles and then ran the 10K.  D was bummed the race was changed, but once we saw the current of the river we realized it was the right decision.  

Our good friend Gary was racing as well so his wife Cathi and their girls Alli and Emma went as well.  It was so nice being with good friends during the race.  I liked having Cathi there while we were cheering and The Mayor and Love Bug loved having their friends there to keep them entertained.

We arrived in Chattanooga on Saturday and enjoyed walking around the city and having a nice dinner together.  We all turned in early since Gary and D had to be at the race site by 6AM on Sunday.  I had to wake the kids up shortly after that so we could be down there a little after 7:00 so we could see the race start at 7:30.  Luckily, good friends, snacks and smart phones made the morning very enjoyable.

We are so proud of D...another great race!

We made it home Sunday late afternoon, went out for a quick Mexican dinner and then we were all in bed and fast asleep by 8:00.  It was weird going to bed while the sun was still out but I needed it.  I didn't wake up until 7:30 the next morning...felt like a million bucks!

The Mayor had VBS this week.  He was so excited and I was thrilled that two of his teachers are my dear friends.  One the last day, my friend Stacey told me she was sitting by The Mayor and he just looked at her and said "I love Jesus because he protects me.  He always protects me".  I almost cried when she told me that...I just love that he is starting to understand just how amazing our Lord is and how much he is loved by Jesus.  I can't wait until next year when Love Bug will finally be old enough to go as well!

On Tuesday I celebrated the big 37th birthday.  I'm sure I say it every year and I know I will say it every year from now...but how am I 37???  I really do not feel that old.  I mean, that's old right?  I am officially my parent's age.  I remember my parents being this age.  And now I am this age.  I swear I just graduated college...really...I did...  Time. Slow. Down.

The day was actually a great one.  The Mayor greeted me with a big Happy Birthday and lots of hugs and kisses and Love Bug sang the birthday song to me.  One of my besties Hayley took me to lunch and then D and I took the kids to see "Despicable Me 2" that evening.  We all loved the movie and made a meal out of popcorn and candy.  Perfect birthday!

Tomorrow we celebrate our sweet Walker's 1st birthday.  The kids are so excited about the party...they have been talking all day about singing to him and eating the cake...especially the cake.  It's going to be a great weekend!

the start of the race

biking out

Alli and Love Bug having races while waiting for the guys to come in on the bikes

The Mayor playing "Angry Birds"

the girls...Alli, Love Bug and Emma

biking in

about to cross the finish line

Gary and the kids

so proud of daddy!

my girl has some rhythm...she was dancing at the finish line

look at those curls...still dancing

Gary, D and Rob

she slept the entire way home...look at that face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment