Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

the big 1


Today we celebrated Walker's big first birthday!  It was a cute sailboat theme and the decorations were anchors, boats and the colors were red and blue.  Everything looked adorable...especially the sweet birthday boy.  I mean, look at this face!


The kids all played great and were so excited for the cake.  After eating some yummy pizza, they chowed down on cake.  The Mayor ate 2 cupcakes and had some bites of D's cake.  That boy LOVES cake.  But often do you get to celebrate the big 1st birthday...so let them eat cake!

the cake

the smash cake

cute cupcakes

Meega and the birthday boy

my boys

daddy and his girl

the birthday boy...waiting for cake!

waiting for cake

waiting for cake

thinking about what to do with his cake...

...he figured it out...he did us proud!




It was a great party celebrating our sweet little man...I can't believe he is already one.  Feels just like yesterday we were at the hospital anxiously awaiting his arrival.  Now he is one and we are 3 weeks out from The Mayor starting kindergarten.  Ok, changing the subject before a panic attack sets in...

We just hung out at the house after the party; a rain storm came through, again, so we watched a movie and took little cat naps.  Then we went to a local bike shop so I could be fitted for a road bike.  Yikes.  I was able to ride one of the bikes around the parking lot...and let me tell you, I was a nervous wreck.  This isn't like our old 10-speeds.  I don't know how I will ever feel comfortable riding on a road.  Thankfully, we will do lots of riding on some bike trails where I won't have to worry about cars so I can become very comfortable with the bike.

I am excited about a nice quiet Sunday with the family.  We haven't had a day with nothing planned for awhile...going to be a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment