Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

water fun


This summer is flying by...we are less than one month from The Mayor starting kindergarten.  I am trying my hardest not to think too much about it because I really don't feel like having a panic attack.  I am just trying to enjoy my time with my boy and hoping time will slow just a little bit.  It's not.

This summer has been so odd; very mild temperatures and lots and lots of rain.  Today was the first hot and sunny day we have had in weeks...and it didn't even last all day.  We had torrential rain by 5:00.  But before the rain, we took advantage of the hot and sun and met up with our friends at a splash pad park nearby.  The kids had a great time running through the cool water while my friend Tiffany and I sweated to death while watching them.  Thankfully there was a large canopy we were able to take cover under or this trip was going to be cut very short.  After the kids played for a couple of hours, we headed to the concession stand and ate some popsicles before heading home.

We were home and able to rest for about 20 minutes before it was time to head to karate.  The Mayor is doing really well in his new class and even received his full green stripe yesterday for his basic weapons skills.  We are so proud of him.

Tomorrow promises more rain so I am looking forward to lunch with some of our favorite people, Sue and Meghan and running errands to get ready to paint Love Bug's big girl room.  We really need to find a pink we like and get her room painted so she will stop waking up in the morning crying because she doesn't like her room because it isn't pink!  Wow, do we have a girly girl on our hands!



the girls


Love my sweets

cuties

enjoying some popsicles to cool down



No comments:

Post a Comment