Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

love

I have been on the verge of tears all evening. And I am going to blame it on pregnancy hormones, but if I were to be completely honest, it has nothing to do with hormones...it is just The Mayor. There are just some days that I look at him and want to cry. Not from frustration or because he is being difficult, but purely from love. While feeding him dinner tonight, I fought back tears. His sweet tender face, his gorgeous big brown eyes, his long eyelashes (that any woman would kill for), his sweet cheeks, I could go on an on...but everything, the whole package, just made me want to snatch him out of his highchair, kiss him, hug him and never let him go.

I never knew love could be like this. So intense, unconditional and pure.

Today was a day I wish I could put a brick on him to keep him from growing up...to keep him this precious loving 2 year old. I wish I had more words to express how I love him. Any mother, actually any parent, can attest to having one of these days...where you are just so overcome with love for your child. I love him everyday, but today was a day I wish would last forever. Maybe it has to do with Christmas being around the corner or the fact that another year is about to come to an end...whatever it is, it got me today.

After 10 years of marriage to the most amazing man, the sweetest son in the world and a baby girl due in 3 months, I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment