Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

sleep

I need to start this blog out by stating The Mayor loves to sleep...I mean, LOVES to sleep. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 5 weeks old, sleeping 12+ hours since he was 10 weeks old and still takes at least a 3 hour nap everyday...and a lot of those days we are having to wake him up so he can be put down for his normal bedtime.

Today, I thought I was going to put The Mayor down a few minutes early for his nap so he would wake up early so we could do some Christmas shopping. I thought my plan was brilliant...he had a play date this morning, so I knew he was wiped out. I put him down for nap at 1:00 (normal naptime is 1:30, 2:00 at the latest). He fell fast asleep...for about 30 minutes. Then I heard him giggling and talking to himself. I left him up there hoping he would fall back asleep. Instead, I heard a huge thud, followed by a loud screaming cry, followed by the door knob being jiggled. Yep, The Mayor had climbed out of his crib. He has never climbed out of his crib. When I went into his room, I noticed the large stuffed dog that he sleeps with had been wedged up against the side of his crib...almost like a step stool. I am sure this gave him the leverage he needed to hoist himself out of his crib. Needless to say, this large dog-dog is now a playroom toy. I am praying this dog is what got him out of the crib and not his own strength of lifting himself out of bed. I am not ready for that...and I am definitely not ready for him to be in a toddler bed yet.

We were able to leave even earlier than planned for Christmas shopping, and on the way home The Mayor was entertaining himself by counting and singing and clapping. But somewhere between the mall and home, it got quiet and he fell asleep. At 5:45 PM. I am not happy but daddy is thrilled. It has been a long time since his boy has slept on him. He snatched him out of the car seat and said "I am going to lie down with him!!". And now they are on the couch. I told him at 6:00 he was waking him up so we could eat dinner and put him down for bed at normal time. He isn't happy, but I need The Mayor to sleep tonight. It is precious though...seeing my boys sleeping on the couch together. Makes me think back to the days when The Mayor was a sweet newborn. I miss those days...


No comments:

Post a Comment