Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 18, 2009

sweet boy

Today had the potential of being a rough day. It was cold and rainy all day today. And I mean cold...I think it got up to 39 degrees today. The Mayor and I ventured out to the mall to finish Christmas shopping; I know, mean mommy. Normally I never would have gone out in this weather, but this weekend is very busy so today was really the only day I had to get this done. It broke my heart because after we were done shopping, The Mayor and I made a mad dash for the car. I did my best to keep him covered in his stroller but when we got to the car, he was covering his face, crying and saying "cold, cold". I cranked that heat up so we could enjoy the ride home.

The Mayor honored me with some fantastic cuddle time as he nestled into my lap to watch a "Thomas" episode before lunch. Every few minutes, he would lean in for a kiss too. I love days like that. After nap, we went to PopPop's house. He was going to watch him for a couple hours (I had a rehearsal dinner to go to - I am the wedding coordinator for a friend's wedding) and daddy had to work. As you can see, The Mayor enjoyed his time at PopPop's. He always does. He enjoyed watching another "Thomas" episode, playing with the dog-dogs, looking at the Christmas tree and coloring. He was just as cuddly with his daddy when they came home and did the nightly bedtime routine. Such a sweet boy. You just never know with a 2 year old and a rainy day. It could spell disaster but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment