Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

impromptu playdate


I was really looking forward to today.  After a long weekend filled with a really late night of football watching with some great friends, I was happy the only thing on our agenda was The Mayor's speech therapy and OT this morning.  So I was really happy when on the way home from OT, I spoke with my friend Theresa (whose son Nicholas is one of The Mayor's best buddies) and she said she had kept Nicholas home from school today because they had been traveling this weekend and got home late.  I jumped all over that and got them to meet us for lunch and then they came back here to play.

The Mayor and Love Bug were thrilled to be eating lunch with Nicholas and then getting to play with him.  They just love Nicholas.  And I loved getting to hang with his momma and enjoyed catching up.  The weather is amazing so after they played in the playroom for a bit, we went outside to enjoy the great weather.  They played until 2:30 and then it was time for naps.  Both kids slept until 5:00 and were back in bed by 7:30.  This weekend really has taken a toll on the munchkins.

Tomorrow is a school day for both kids.  The Mayor actually has a field trip in the morning to a local bakery.  They get to take a tour and sample some yummy bread.  I get to go with him (all the parents do) and then he goes to school late.  Should be a fun morning with my favorite little guy.




Nicholas and The Mayor

No comments:

Post a Comment