Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

the first lost tooth


Before I catch up on the past two weeks in the Shirley household, I will start with the big news.  The Mayor lost his first tooth!  Last night we were practically begging him to let us pull it...it was literally horizontal in his mouth it was so loose.  He wouldn't let us, he kept crying and was afraid to let us touch it.  But this afternoon, he came off the bus with the biggest smile yelling "I lost my tooth!!" He had an "I lost my tooth" sticker on his shirt and his tooth was hanging around his neck in a little plastic container in the shape of a tooth.  He said he kept working on it during class and it fell out.  He was so proud!  I am proud to say I didn't shed one tear but it is sad to know my sweet baby boy is growing up and that smile of his will never be the same.


Last week, I went to The Mayor's class on Wednesday because it was early release day and we were celebrating September and October birthdays.  He was so excited to celebrate and have me in his class. His teacher has this huge inflatable hammer and she gives each kid a "birthday beating".  The kids love it...she "beats" them whatever their age is and then one additional one "to grow on".  So The Mayor got 7 beatings :)

getting his beating

enjoying his snack

Last Friday was Farmer's Day at The Mayor's school.  We went out to buy him jeans and a vest that should really be worn during the middle of winter (but he swore it looked like something a farmer would wear) since he wouldn't agree to wear the long-sleeved button down plaid shirt.  We are still working on our issues with buttons on shirts...after we shopped we enjoyed a little Italian Ice and some fun one-on-one time.  I also told him he could wear my cowboy hat to really complete his outfit.


wearing my cowboy hat for Farmer's Day

Nothing is better than celebrating a great week than by getting some frozen yogurt.  We met Ms. Vicki and Aidan at the frozen yogurt place by our house to eat and then we let the kids run around for over an hour outside.  The weather was great and they had a blast playing outside making up games.  


Monday, Love Bug and some friends in the neighborhood had a play date after her ballet class.  She and Andrew have become really good friends.  They love playing together and we love having regular plans for our Monday mornings.  It is great for them to play and even better that the mommies have time to chat and catch up. 
Love Bug and Andrew

I put out the Halloween decorations this week...yep, it's early and I don't care.  I love this time of year and the kids love having decorations up.  They especially love putting the window clings on the windows.



I had a lot of left over batter and icing from cupcakes from a baby shower I helped host, so I decided to make a few one night after dinner and let the kids decorate them.  Love Bug thought it was great to be my helper; she put the liners in the pan and put the batter in them.  She is such a great helper!






This week I received The Mayor's karate pictures and his kindergarten picture.  I am beyond happy with both.  He looks so handsome and so old!  I can't believe how big he is getting!




This afternoon we went to karate and then came home to get ready for MeMe and Big Daddy to arrive. D and I are going away with our group of triathlete friends for a huge race weekend so MeMe and Big Daddy are going to spend the weekend with the kids.  While I was getting things ready around the house, I caught this sweetness happening.  I couldn't believe they kept it going once I got the camera out...usually the sweetness goes away when you try to get photo evidence.  And yes, The Mayor is wearing fairy wings and Love Bug is wearing a towel over her clothes.  My friend gave her that towel today so she wanted to wear it and The Mayor put Love Bug's wings on and ran around the house saying he was the tooth fairy.  Hysterical!








No comments:

Post a Comment