Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

it's good to be back


D and I had a wonderful weekend in Augusta.  It was great being with our friends and having a break from the kids, and the kids had an amazing weekend being spoiled by MeMe and Big Daddy.  We had 17 friends racing in Ironman 70.3 this weekend and D and I wanted to be there to support them all.  It was great being a spectator without the panic of having your spouse racing and D finally got to see what it was like to be a spectator.  Pretty sure he enjoyed himself but I am willing to bet he likes being the athlete more than the spectator.  Because we had such a large group, we decided to pitch a large tent at the finish line with our Tri club banner for our crew.  We were able to see our friends 5 times on the run course because we had such a prime location.  It made for great cheering and huge moral for our friends.  It actually made me want to do a long distance triathlon.  But no worries, that feeling is now gone :)

our tent and banner

about half of our crew

D watching our friends leave on their bikes

me and Laura after her awesome finish

We arrived home yesterday and I immediately took Love Bug to her friend Andrew's birthday party.  We were a little late but she still had a great time.  After the party, D and I both went to the bus stop to get The Mayor off the bus and he loved seeing his daddy there.  We were all quite exhausted from the long weekend but it felt great to all be back together.  

Today was a bit rough...everyone is still trying to bounce back into their routine.  The Mayor took a much needed nap this afternoon and then fell right to sleep at 7:00.  I am hoping this rest will help him get back to his old self tomorrow, and I'm about to go to bed myself because I need to catch up on the sleep.

Love Bug enjoying her ice cream and birthday cake

Andrew and Love Bug

she refused to take the hat off...she wore it all day and chose to add accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment