Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

the baby shower


Sunday we celebrated our new nephew/cousin who will grace us with his presence sometime in July.  Meega and her closest friends and family gathered at our house and we laughed, told stories and ate some yummy food.  I can't wait to meet this sweet little peanut...and since he is due one week after my birthday, I am hoping he comes exactly one week early.  Which is only fair since The Mayor and Meega share a birthday...shouldn't I share a birthday with one of my nephews?  I'm not asking for that much here!

We have had a pretty great week.  We have stayed busy with play dates, trips to the pool and on Friday, I am taking the kids to the lake with some friends.  The kids have never been to the lake, but I am excited since there is a sandy beach and the kids can build sand castles and play with their beach toys.  In fact, The Mayor keeps saying we are going to the beach.  That boy is eager to get to the beach...we really need to plan a beach trip this summer.  He asks almost everyday if we are going to the beach.

Summer is officially here and it is proving that we will run like a fine-oiled machine the busier we stay.  Next week The Mayor goes to VBS at a local church.  He has never been to this church and he won't know anyone there (a few of our friends are going too, but the kids are all different ages so they won't be in the same class), but it is a test to see how he does with transitions in such a new environment.  His OT thinks it's a great idea...VBS is free, so if it is a bust, nothing is lost.  And it will give him 5 mornings in a row of fun activity and Love Bug and I will get some fun one-on-one time together.

Today is errand running day.  I have had a list for Target sitting on the counter all week, and today we go shopping.  We will also enjoy some outdoor play...the weather has been amazing this past week.  Highs in the 70s...gorgeous!  If only this entire summer could be so mild...I'll take it while I can get it!




Meega and her pregnant friend Stefani...they couldn't hug because their bellies were in the way...how cute are they?!

love...Love Bug loves to lay her head on her brother's shoulder



No comments:

Post a Comment