Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 11, 2012

daddy's little helpers


We decided to have breakfast for dinner tonight, so I had to run to the store to pick up more syrup.  When I came home, both kids were standing on chairs helping D cook dinner.  They were both so proud and were sharing tasks with no fighting.  Miracles do happen!

helping stir the batter

so proud

tasting the batter he helped make

Today was an amazing day.  The Mayor had his first day of Vacation Bible School at a local church.  I was nervous.  We have never been to this church and we know nobody there.  Our friends Addy and Avery were going but they are a year younger and a year older than The Mayor so they wouldn't be in the same class.  It was a little chaotic when we first got there...all of these kids and their parents getting them checked in and taking them to the correct places.  The Mayor had a little bit of a "deer in headlights" look to his face.  When I dropped him off in the chapel with his class, he asked if I could stay and sit with him. Every fiber inside of me wanted to say yes, but I told him he was going to have a great day and I would be back soon.  

When I arrived to pick him up, the parents were instructed to go to the gym.  The teachers would bring their class down there.  I walked in to see The Mayor sitting in line with his class, and he was sitting quietly and calmly.  I was just so proud of him!  He wasn't rolling around, of flailing around, or messing with other kids.  He was calm and quiet.  He has just made so much progress this year.  I just love seeing him grow and mature.  He has always made us proud but I know he is working so hard and I just love him so much.

His teacher said he had a great day and The Mayor agreed.  He loved playing with the toys and it turns out a friend of his, Emersyn, ended up being in his class.  So it helped he had a familiar face in there.

Tomorrow is another day and I am prayerful he will be just as successful.


making silly faces

he cracks me up!

I just love his personality




No comments:

Post a Comment