Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

3.1 down


So today I did something I have never done before...I ran 3.1 miles WITHOUT STOPPING!  And the best part is I feel really good right now.  I can tell I worked out today but I am not overly sore and I am looking forward to running again.  My 5K is in 20 days and now I know I can run the distance, so now I can work on my time.

After we finished our run, we were still about 1 1/2 miles from the car (we were walking on the greenway) and the rain came.  And it came...wow, we got stuck in a nice downpour.  But we made the best of it, it was actually cute seeing the kids cuddled up together under the canopy on their stroller to try and stay dry, and we got back to the car as fast as we could.

soaking wet but happy!

I'm pretty sure it is a written rule that if you get stuck in a torrential downpour your reward is ice cream.  So we headed home to put on dry clothes and then went up to the local frozen yogurt place.  The kids loved their reward.  The reward occurred right at dinner time so we came home and ate a light dinner (nothing wrong with dessert being the main course) and then got into a fun game of hide-and-seek.  It started with D counting and Love Bug putting her face in the chair (as if to say "I can't see you so you can't see me) obviously we are still working on how to actually play hide-and-seek.  Then The Mayor wanted in on the action and we paired off.  D and Love Bug would hide and The Mayor and I would seek and vice versa.  The kids had a blast running up and down the stairs, looking under beds and in closets...and the kids were pretty good about being quiet during the hiding.  We played until past our bedtime and promised we would play again tomorrow.

This was a great weekend and I am sad to see it end but looking forward to another great week of summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment