Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 21, 2013

safety town is over


Today was the last day of Safety Town and there was actually a "graduation" scheduled.  Seriously?  It is a week long camp...doesn't really warrant a graduation.  A certificate of completion that is handed to me at pickup will suffice.  But, as much as a rolled my eyes when picking him up on Thursday and was made aware of the graduation, I wasn't going to miss it.  It was kind of cute, and super short, so it wasn't too bad.  They just introduced the teachers, volunteers and asked the group of kids questions about what they learned during the week and they just yelled the answers out together.

After "graduation", we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then to the playground to play and enjoy the gorgeous day.  The Mayor and Love Bug had a blast playing with Nicholas and Nathan and I had a blast hanging with Theresa catching up and enjoying the amazing weather.  You wouldn't know it was summer with the weather we have been having this week.  I could have sat outside all day today.  Unfortunately, we had to get home because we had someone coming by to look at our gutters but fortunately D came home early and he had the kids were outside playing from 4:00 until after 8:00 with only a break for dinner in between.  I had an event and dinner planned with a girlfriend so I had a nice break and D and the kids had some nice quality time together.

Tomorrow morning D has a race south of Atlanta and tomorrow night I have a 5k!  I am actually really excited about it and looking forward to running a race without stopping.  I have been training and have run 3.1 miles nonstop 3 times so I am confident I can do it again tomorrow night.  And I am really excited that D is going to pace me so I will have him supporting me the entire way.

the "graduation", he was in the pink group and had to stand when they introduced his group

The Mayor and Nicholas 



our princess

No comments:

Post a Comment