Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

happy father's day


So this year I decided to let the kids pick the gifts they wanted to give D for Father's Day.  The cabinets for the basement kitchen arrived this week so that was his real Father's Day gift but I needed to let the kids pick something for their daddy.  Friday night while reading to The Mayor, I asked what he wanted to get daddy for Father's Day.  Without any hesitation, he sad "a pinata".  When I asked if he was serious, he said "oh yes, it is the perfect gift for his father's day".  OK...who am I to argue with the perfect gift?  So yesterday the kids and I went pinata shopping.

They picked a red Hot Wheels pinata and we loaded up on all of D's favorite candy to fill it up.  On the way home I told them they had to keep the gift a secret...and shock of all shocks...they actually kept it a secret!

Of course, the kids also decided that donuts would be the perfect breakfast for Father's Day so this morning The Mayor, Love Bug and D enjoyed some donuts together and then the kids brought in the perfect gift.  It was hysterical seeing D's face...I am sure pinata is not what he thought his gift was going to be.  But he loved it and the kids loved that he loved it.

After church and a yummy lunch out with some friends, we came home for a nice afternoon rest.  D and the kids all had a little cat nap and then we went to see PopPop for Father's Day.  After our visit, we came home and loaded up for a run at the greenway.  D paced me again for another practice 5K.  I improved by over a minute!  Looking forward to next Saturday's race!

After our run, we went to Publix to get ice cream.  Yes, D and the kids had ice cream for dinner.  I watched them all with some jealousy but hey, I didn't just run 3.1 miles to put those calories back on with ice cream!  It was already past bedtime so after ice cream we went straight to getting the kids into bed.  They were asleep before we shut their doors - they were so exhausted from the day.

The Mayor has Safety Town this week (a week long camp that talks about Stranger Danger, Fire Safety, Poison Control, etc); I'll miss my boy but I am looking forward to some one-on-one time with Love Bug.

my loves

seeing his pinata for the first time

so proud

can't wait to break it open

he actually cracked the pinata

giving her best effort

getting ready to crack this baby open

one swing...success!



No comments:

Post a Comment