Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

i'm a runner



My dear friend Cathi gave me this "runner girl" magnet at the finish line of my 5K last night.  I did it!  I ran my first 5K and ran the entire distance...no stopping and I stayed at the pace I wanted to stay at and finished 20 seconds ahead of my goal!  I am so thankful D ran with me because this course was hillier than I had expected.  Almost the entire last mile was uphill...and I just didn't train on hills.  I could see the finish line and D was pumping me up and telling me I could do it and I could just only focus on putting one foot in front of the other.  Because I literally thought I might throw up.  I totally get why runners get sick on courses now...pushing yourself takes a toll on you!

I just kept telling myself "you can do this", "you will feel so good when you cross that finish line" and "you can not stop"!  It was a great feeling crossing that finish line and concurring those hills and still running the fastest I have ever run.  I actually want to do it again...and I think I want to start training for a 10K now.  

Our friends Gary and Cathi and their girls came to support me.  Which was amazing since they had been out of town all week and literally came back into town and straight to the race.  If felt extra special having some support there.  

We went out to dinner afterwards and then D and I came home to shower and literally fell right into bed.  He was exhausted from his race in the morning and then running the 5K with me and I was exhausted from my tennis match I had that morning and then my race.

Today was a great day.  We went to church and then had a pool party and cookout with some of our friends from Sunday School.  The kids had a blast playing and wore themselves out.  Everyone left around 8:15 and the kids were asleep by 8:20.  The Mayor was falling asleep while we were saying his prayers.  Hopefully they get some good rest tonight because tomorrow they spend the day with Mamie and PopPop!

Done!!

the best support I could ask for

Cathi and me


No comments:

Post a Comment