Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

pure joy

Today was one of those perfect days. I am new to motherhood of a toddler, The Mayor will only be 2 on Sunday, but I can only assume perfect days with a toddler are few and far between. And I am not ignorant enough to think my child will be the exception. I know I am headed toward the terrible 2s, 3s, whatever. Every child goes through it, so I am bracing myself. But today was one of those days that as a mother I can only dream of. From the moment he woke up until the second I laid him down for sleep tonight, he was such an angel. Maybe The Mayor senses his pregnant and tired mother needed a break considering this is a crazy week in preparation for this weekend's 2nd birthday party festivities...whatever the reason, this mommy was appreciative.

The Mayor was dishing out kisses and "I yove yos" all day long. He was a happy camper to each store I dragged him to while running errands today. He chose the apple slices over the french fries at dinner. He even, brace yourself, made it through the entire two hours of nursery at Bible Study without shedding one tear. And for those of you who know The Mayor, that is something to be proud of.

Again, I am not ignorant. I am sure tomorrow will hold some sort of two year old tantrum or tears when he doesn't get his way, but that is ok, because today was the perfect day and I will remember it fondly. Pure joy...

patiently shopping with mommy at Target

No comments:

Post a Comment