Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

rainy days and cookies


Today was another rainy day. So what better way to spend the rainy day then making cookies! The Mayor and I headed to Publix this morning to get chocolate chips to make chocolate chip cookies. When we got home, I realized I was out of vanilla extract...boo! Luckily my friend Lauren called at that exact moment and I was able to borrow some from her...whew, crisis averted!

While we were at Lauren's, she gave The Mayor a sucker...perfect, he could eat the lollipop while I made the cookies. He loved it. He thought it was so cool watching the mixer go around and around...once he was done with his lollipop, I did what any sensible mother would do. I gave him some chocolate chips. Hey, if you can't eat junk during a rainy day, then what good is the rainy day?? No shock - he loved them!

Now The Mayor is napping (a feat within itself considering the amount of sugar I just put into him) and I am waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven. Yum, warm cookies and milk...could there be anything better?



No comments:

Post a Comment