Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

birthdays and weddings

I can't believe I haven't updated my blog in a week! But what a week it has been! I spent the week prepping for a big weekend. One of my oldest and bestest (yes, I know that isn't a word) friends was getting married!! MeMe and Big Daddy came into town to help with the kids and I had to clean the house and go shopping for some much needed clothes for the wedding weekend.

The weekend was awesome!! I woke up Friday morning excited about the bridesmaids luncheon and the rehearsal. Oh yeah, it was also my birthday. Lucky number 34. Not sure when I was old enough to become in my mid-3os. I don't feel mid-3os. I feel like I just graduated college. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing because I am still feeling young or a bad thing because I am just in denial that I am getting old. Oh well...

The weekend was spent celebrating our friend's marriage to the love of her life surrounded by lots of old friends. It was so great seeing everyone and catching up. And D and I enjoyed 2 nights out with no children!! We didn't get home until after midnight both nights...we are kind of rockstars now. But the glam of rockstar life hit this afternoon when we both took advantage of the kids' naptime by taking naps ourselves. See what happens when you get into your mid-30s?? Tomorrow it is back to reality...kind of, MeMe and Big Daddy are still here...so I will have lots of extra hands on deck.

me and the beautiful bride, Hayley

me and D

me, Jennifer and Carolyn before the bridesmaids luncheon

me, Jennifer and Meega

no kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment