Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

weekend recap

We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday we spent shopping...D is going to start training for triathlons so we had to buy him some necessary gear. Then we hit the outlet malls so I could get some outfits for this weekend's Bridesmaids luncheon and Rehearsal dinner. Today we went to church then came straight home, changed into our bathing suits and hit the pool. The Mayor enjoyed playing in the baby pool, jumping into the big pool and going down the slide. Today he decided to lay on his belly and go down feet first. He literally shot out of the slide like a bullet right into D's arms. Both would crack up, walk up the ramp to the top of the slide and do it all over again. Love Bug and I watched from the big pool. Love Bug actually enjoyed the water today. She giggled as we bobbed up and down in the water. She loved the swaying back and forth so much that she fell asleep in my arms while in the pool. It was awesome!



I am really looking forward to this week and weekend. MeMe and Big Daddy will be here Thursday for the weekend and we are so happy to see them! I am in one of my oldest and dearest friend's wedding this weekend, so MeMe and Big Daddy are coming into town to help watch the kiddos. D and I are so excited about having 2 nights of adult fun...no kids! I am almost shamefully excited about it. It absolutely goes without saying that I love my children, but D and I need some much needed time together. We haven't had a date night since before Love Bug was born. The rehearsal doesn't start until 5:45 Friday evening but we are leaving around 3:30 to have some drinks and adult conversation before the rehearsal starts. Seriously, I am so excited! I haven't been this excited about a wedding since my own...we really need to start implementing date nights back into our marriage!

he loves wearing his daddy's hat...in fact, he took the hat to bed with him tonight

chillin'

daddy's girl

1 comment: