Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

gettin' real southern round here

Yesterday, Love Bug wore her first ever smocked bishop dress. I know, I know, I am breaking several rules by living in the south and not dressing my children in smocked clothing. The Mayor has never worn smocked clothing. He has never worn a Feltman Brothers longall. Even though he had 3 hanging in his closet while he was a baby (all received as gifts), those outfits ended up being sold at consignment with the tags still on. Dressing boys in smocked clothing is just not my thing. Nothing wrong with it...but just not for me. Because I never dressed The Mayor in those clothes, that whole arena of clothing has just been off my radar. Until now.

Mamie bought Love Bug 2 smocked bishop dresses for Christmas and I put her in one yesterday. I even purchased white eyelet diaper covers...one with her monogram on the butt and the other with her name scripted on it. She was precious. Unfortunately, there is no picture evidence of this because she was only wearing the dress for about an hour. I didn't realize how this cold front had dropped the temperature about 30 degrees so we had to change into pants and a long sleeve top. But don't you worry...the temps are going to rise and the dress will be back on.

Today I put her in a smocked top with gingham ruffle pants. She was adorable. Her MeMe bought her this outfit...and I got to tell you...I am digging the smocking. She even had a matching bow to put into her hair. It's only taken me 20 years of living in Georgia to finally get the hang of things. I guess better late than never.

she loves to give kisses now...she is giving her reflection a kiss

she kept the bow in her hair for about 4.2 seconds

the matching bow

No comments:

Post a Comment