Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

hoppy easter

Last year, Easter stressed me out. We had a newborn baby and a 2 year old boy. Easter morning, we were running behind and rushing out the door for church so the kids didn't even get a chance to see their Easter baskets, and after church we went immediately over to Mamie and PopPop's where The Mayor got jacked up on jellybeans. I wanted so desperately to get a picture of our new family of 4 but trying to get The Mayor to sit for a picture was near impossible. Of course, at the end of the day, I realized Easter wasn't about any of that stuff anyway. It is about our risen Savior. And that is why we celebrate this amazing holiday.

So this year, I decided to enjoy the holiday for what it is and just take it easy. If we got a great picture or two then it would be icing on the cake. My cake was not only iced, but it was doused with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry. It was the best Easter weekend.

Our church has implemented 2 Saturday night services and they started this weekend. We went to church at 4:30 Saturday evening and it was amazing. The service was amazing and the time of day was perfect. After church, we went to dinner and then home to bed. This morning we all slept in (well, except D. He got up and rode 56 miles on his bike...crazy). But the kids and I slept until 9:00 and then went for doughnuts. It was weird not being at church this morning, but it was so nice not getting up early and rushing. After doughnuts, we came home and decorated eggs (Love Bug lasted for 2 eggs before she made it abundantly clear that she wanted to take a nap) but The Mayor could have decorated eggs all day.

After Love Bug's nap, we went out for lunch and then walked around outside enjoying this amazing weather. Shortly after the walk, we got dressed in our Easter outfits and went to Mamie and PopPop's for Easter dinner. The kids had a great time playing with their cousin Bennett and after dinner, we realized the Easter Bunny stopped at Mamie and PopPop's house and even hid eggs! We had an Easter egg hunt and my kids attempted to eat every piece of candy they got their hands on. After a few pieces, I put the rest in hiding. It looks like my kids got my sweet tooth.

I loved this weekend. I am sad it is almost over. But this year I did get a lot of good pictures so I can look back on this and remember how awesome this weekend was.

decorating eggs...could do this all day...

...she, on the other hand, could not. Put me to bed!

finding eggs at Mamie and PopPop's house


loves the new bubble gun

Bennett and Love Bug checking out the goods

showing what she found to PopPop

No comments:

Post a Comment