Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

baby powder

You know it is going to be a good day when it is 9AM, you just walk into your son's bedroom and you already have the day's blog material.

I opened the door to The Mayor's room to find this:


After I picked my mouth up off the floor, I closed the door, walked into my bedroom, told D he had to see this, went downstairs and got the camera. I immediately took the advice of a friend of mine with 5 kids under the age of six who tells me take pictures instead of losing your cool because one day you will be able to laugh at whatever it is. I agreed, and so I wanted to document the baby powder debacle.

We didn't even remember the baby powder was in his room. It was on the 2nd shelf of his hutch behind a plate and he climbed up there, got it and must have shook the heck out of that bottle. By the mess you would have thought it was a jumbo size Costco baby powder bottle, but it was a mere 16 oz bottle. Apparently a little goes a long way with this stuff.

After we saw the mess, we got the kids dressed and went for donuts. After the kids enjoyed their donuts, we came home and I got to work on the snow village. It took me almost an hour to vacuum and dust the room clean. But it is squeaky clean and smells like a baby powder factory. I am sure we will find remnants of the powder hidden in cracks for years to come. That's ok, it will just be a reminder of this fun stage.

covered the sheets...

...and the headboard...

...and The Mayor's hair...

...and the carpet, wall and furniture


No comments:

Post a Comment