Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

day one...check


We survived day one of D traveling.  He flew out first thing this morning to NYC and the kids and I have tried to stay busy since.  We went to a park this morning, where I am proud to say my Love Bug held her own.  Two little boys were calling her a "baby" and were trying to get into her face (I was standing there the whole time and told myself I wouldn't intervene unless they touched her - they were 3 and 4 years old).  But she bowed up, pointed her finger in their face and said "no" very firmly.  She kept repeating it to them.  I said "you go girl!  You tell them!".  One of the boys tried to come over to her and talk to her and she put her foot on his stomach and pushed him away.  Ha!  I did tell her we weren't going to hit or kick but secretly, I was giving myself a high-five.  Proud of my peanut for sticking up for herself.

After the park, we ran a quick errand, came home for lunch and ran another errand.  While Love Bug napped, The Mayor and I chilled.  It was nice.  After dinner, we went outside to ride bikes and enjoy the gorgeous weather...we lasted about 35 minutes before the heavens opened up and now we are in a hail storm.  Again.  Third crazy storm in the past 3 nights.  Gotta love summers in Georgia.  We lost a small tree in our backyard in last night's storm.

Tomorrow we are spending all day at the pool with friends.  I can't wait.  The kids are so excited and I am thrilled to have our entire day accounted for and it will completely wipe them out.  We have a play date scheduled with Bennett and Meega later in the week and before we know it, D will be home Friday night.  I can't wait until this becomes our normal and we have a routine.

Gotta run and get the kids ready for bed!






watching the rain and hail fall

No comments:

Post a Comment