Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

happy birthday and guess who peed in the potty?


Today we celebrate D!  With his 38th birthday, I have now realized we are our parent's age.  I remember my parents turning 38...and thinking they were so old.  Ugh.  Not sure how we got to this age...but I don't feel old.  I constantly have to remind myself that college wasn't yesterday...it was almost 14 years ago!

The Mayor could not have been more excited for D's birthday.  We started the day with a phone call so The Mayor could wish his daddy a happy birthday.  Then we went shopping where The Mayor informed me "we have to get 2 presents for my boy".  Yes, he is now referring to his daddy as "his boy".  It. Is. Precious.  And when D is at work, The Mayor tells me he needs D to come home so there can be 2 boys.

While at the grocery store getting the ice cream sandwiches (D's request instead of birthday cake), I let the kids each pick a balloon to have inflated for D.  The Mayor chose a Thomas the Train balloon right off the bat.  Love Bug took a little more time deciding.  She stood there with her finger to her cheek and said "hmmmmm" while she thought long and hard.  She decided on the Lightning McQueen balloon.  I showed her a Mickey Mouse and Disney Princess balloon, but she said "no, Lightning".  So Lightning McQueen and Thomas balloons it was.

We meet D at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner and then came home for presents and ice cream sandwiches.

Dinner was delicious but the highlight was definitely the gifts.  The Mayor and Love Bug ran into the house and just stood at the table waiting for D to walk in.  They couldn't wait for him to open those gifts.  And of course The Mayor "helped" with the opening of the gifts.

The best part of the night...Love Bug peed in the potty!  And D and I both missed it!  Every night we put Love Bug on the potty so she can start getting used to it.  I was in The Mayor's bedroom helping him get ready for bed, and D was in Love Bug's room getting her PJs out when he walked into her bathroom and saw she had gone potty!!!  It was a fluke but still...our little girl is getting so big!  Hopefully soon she will start realizing when she has to go...so we can kiss diapers good-bye forever!

The kids are asleep and D and I are going to enjoy a quiet, low-key evening.  Another great year down and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store.

Happy Birthday D...we love you!!

so excited! Waiting for D to walk in and open those gifts

barely got the door shut and had a gift in his hand

The Mayor "helping" open the gifts

showing off his new shades

The Mayor helping D hold up his new Georgia "G" for the basement

D and his sweets






No comments:

Post a Comment