Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

mother's day lunch and the half ironman


Another week has come and gone, and it has been a great week.

D is now officially working from home when he is in town, so he has been home all week and will be next week as well.  He still doesn't know when he will travel to NYC.  He left first thing yesterday morning to go to Panama City for the Half Ironman.  The race started this morning at 6:30, with his wave starting at 6:55 and I recently got a text from him...he is out of the water and on his bike.  I hate this race doesn't have live athlete tracking.  It is driving me insane.

Thursday, there was a Mother's Day lunch at The Mayor's school.  It was really sweet; the kids had made us place mats with their hand prints in the shape of a flower.  Once the mother's found where they were supposed to sit, the kids each made our plates (with the help of their teachers) and served us.  It was adorable.  The Mayor was so proud to put the food on the plate and bring it to me.  Then he sat down and said "ok mom, eat your strawberries...and don't forget to eat your salad.  Is it delicious mommy?"  I really do love him so much.

After we ate, we played a game of "who's mommy is this?".  Each child had painted a picture of what their mommy looked like and on the back was a questionnaire about that mommy.  I knew it was my picture when the question was "her favorite thing to do is" and the answer was "play trains".  That boy loves his trains.  I also love that when the question was "my mommy is __ years old" he put "7".  Ha!

The kids and I are enjoying a quiet weekend at home.  We miss D and I hate we are missing his race but we will still have a great weekend at home.  Tomorrow, we are going out to brunch with some other families in our Sunday School class for Mother's Day and hopefully D will be home shortly after that.

my place mat

waiting patiently in line to fix my plate

putting food on my plate

bringing me my plate

the proud artist with his painting of me


No comments:

Post a Comment