Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

an easter party


Today was Love Bug's Easter party at school and I was in charge of food with one other mother.  I volunteered to bring fruit and the bunny cake I make every year.  I was all about doing something easy and something I have made every year for the past 3 years.  I had a tennis match this morning that was in the northern part of the county so D took the kids and the food to school for me this morning.  Unfortunately and fortunately - I was annihilated in my match so I had more than enough time to get to her party.  HA!

The kids had an Easter egg hunt on their playground and were told they could each get 12 eggs.  It was cute to see the girls all grabbing and counting as they went and seeing the boys just grabbing.  It was hysterical to see the parents of the boys following them around and stealing eggs from their baskets to throw on the ground for the girls to pick up.  (The Mayor's party was Tuesday but it was just for the kids...the parents weren't invited)

After the egg hunt, we went inside for crafts and lunch.  They made bunnies with their handprints and then ate pizza, fruit and cake for lunch.  Another high note of the day was The Mayor had pictures today (they were canceled last week due to inclement weather) and I ran into his teacher in the hall and she said he did AWESOME!  What a huge difference from picture day in the fall where he was rolling around on the ground, tackling people and just being a wild animal.  She said they had to get onto all of the boys...except him!!! HALLELUJAH!!  Seeing major changes in my boy!

For his reward, we hit the local candy store and got some goodies and then came home.  The afternoon flew by and before we knew it, it was time to think about dinner.  Luckily I had all of the stuff to make breakfast for dinner.  I love an easy dinner...and now we are about to head upstairs to start the bedtime routine.  There isn't any school tomorrow for Good Friday and next week is Spring Break.  So we are excited about a week of NOTHING!

pin the egg in the Easter basket




I love her sweet face when she is praying


1 comment:

  1. The managers were great and they were very detailed about what everything will cost. The view was amazing and we had a great time.
    best event planner nyc

    ReplyDelete