Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

the day before three


Tomorrow is her official birthday, but today was the celebration.  And of course, the theme is Princess. Duh.  Absolutely no other theme would do.

Love Bug was beyond thrilled for her birthday.  She was ecstatic when I told her I rented a pink castle bouncy house and when she walked past me yesterday while I was decorating her castle cake, she said "is that my castle cake?".  I told her it was and she said "Oh, thank you mom.  I love it!"  Melted my heart and totally made the carpal tunnel brewing in my hand from piping the icing worth it.

The kids woke up happy...not only because of the party but due to the house full of family.  MeMe, Big Daddy, Uncle Tom, Aunt Nat, Trey and Luke were all here when those munchkins woke up.  So the party really started the second they popped out of bed.  Seriously, the way they were running around, the kids were almost too tired once the official party did start.  But don't worry, they managed to push through and find energy to jump, play and eat with their buddies.

Love Bug loved having a princess outfit on, a castle to jump in, pink balloons everywhere and lots of sweet friends to play with.  Alli and Emma were especially sweet taking care of Love Bug.  They pushed her on the swings, held her hand, sat by her while she ate, cuddled with her and just took care of her.  It was precious to watch and made my heart happy to see these young friendships blossom.

It was amazing having a house filled with family and friends all here to celebrate our sweet girl's 3rd birthday.  3 years old...I can't believe we are here.  Three is no longer a baby.  She is a full on little girl. It's a great place to be...life with a 5 year old and 3 year old.  There is a lot of freedom that comes with this time in our lives...it is so hard to believe we are way beyond baby phase here.

Tomorrow morning, the family will be gone and it will just be us four...and I am looking forward to celebrating quietly on Love Bug's official birthday.  And seeing what the 3s has in store.  Buckle up...should be a fun ride.

me and my girl

the birthday girl

Aunt Nat and Love Bug

Uncle Tom...such the good sport.  Wearing Love Bug's hairbow and playing with her in the playroom

MeMe and Love Bug

Silly Big Daddy



Daddy helping blow out the candles

sweet Bennett

PopPop and my Walker Bear

jumping fun


the castle

Aidan and The Mayor

sweet girls...Alli, Emma and Love Bug

opening gifts

a brand new Snow White dress!

she loves a magic wand

ruffle dresses!

of course, we had to put one on immediately

our fairy princess

No comments:

Post a Comment