Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

kindergarten registration


Today I actually felt the sadness of how fast time is going.  I registered The Mayor for kindergarten.  I actually made it through the registration with no tears but I had a pang in my chest.  A heaviness hit me when I realized a huge chapter in our life is about to come to an end.  The Mayor will never be at home with me everyday ever again.  Starting August 8 through the next 12 years, The Mayor will be in school for 8 hours everyday for 180 days of the year.  I know he is in preschool...but preschool is just 4 hours and who cares if he misses a day of preschool?  They don't worry about attendance...and 4 hours flies by.  As soon as I drop them off, it is almost time to go back and get them.  In public school, he will be at the bus stop around 6:45 AM and won't get home until 2:45 PM.  My time with him during the day will be getting shorter and time is going to just start going faster.  The positive in this whole situation is The Mayor is so excited about going to kindergarten.  He actually thanked me today for registering him and said he is excited to ride the "new, cool, yellow school bus".  When I asked him if he wanted me to drive him to school or take the bus, he said the bus.  When I asked again if he was sure he didn't want me to drive him, he said "mom, the cool yellow school bus will take me to school".  Duh.

I faked cried to The Mayor today after I told him I was registering him for kindergarten.  He looked at me like I had 3 heads and asked "why are you whining like that??"  I laughed and said "because I am going to miss you so much next year when you go to kindergarten".  He wasn't phased.  Again, I know this is a good thing.  I would much rather it just be me who is sad and him be excited.  It would be torture to send him to school if he wasn't thrilled about being there.

The rest of the day was extremely uneventful comparatively speaking.  Love Bug and I curled up and watched "Booty The Beast" (what she calls "Beauty and the Beast") while The Mayor was in school.  I love having those quiet moments with her when she is curled up in my lap.  Thank goodness I will still have two more years with her at home when The Mayor starts elementary school.

The Mayor at 9 months...feels just like yesterday...my baby is growing up




No comments:

Post a Comment