Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

boys weekend

I believe the motto of the weekend was "no girls allowed". Daddy and The Mayor had a great long weekend of spending time together...boy time. While I was working and missing my boys terribly, they hardly knew I was gone. At least this is my version of the story. When daddy goes out of town for business, The Mayor does nothing but talk about "dada". And by the end of the 2nd day without daddy, The Mayor really gets depressed. He will walk to the garage door and cry for his daddy...just hoping he can will his daddy to walk through the door. Since I am never out of town, I was kind of excited about the response I was going to get upon my return. I just knew when I got home there was going to be such excitement from The Mayor. I mean, 3 days without mommy...that would have to just be heartbreaking for my little guy. Ha! Mommy was so wrong...

I was able to finish the project early and come home Saturday night instead of Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, I got home after The Mayor was asleep. Sunday morning daddy went to get The Mayor and brought him into our bedroom. I just knew he was going to be so happy to see me! Nope. He said "Hi Mama" and then proceeded to walk away from me, climb into daddy's lap and snuggle with him while they watched "Thomas The Train". Hello?! Over here, remember me? Your mother...been gone for 3 days...can I get a little love?

The rest of the day was just fantastic. The Mayor decided since I had been gone that I no longer had any say, so when I would tell him to stop doing something or leave something alone, he would just look at me...and then continue doing it. Daddy would repeat exactly the same words I had just finished saying and The Mayor would immediately stop. What the?

Oh yeah, daddy also cleaned out our entire closet, washed our sheets and made the bed, cleaned the entire house (including our bathroom - which if you knew what my side looked like, this would be impressive) and managed to get our son to turn against me. So now he is a better housewife and the favorite parent. Again, my version of the story, and since I am the author of this blog, that is the version you are going to get.

Of course, this is written in jest. I adore the relationship between my son and husband. I am extremely lucky that they love each other the way they do.

Today is day 2 of me and The Mayor alone while daddy is back at work, and life seems to have gone back to normal. At least until my next trip out of town...

They found my old Scooby slippers when cleaning out the closet,
they are now The Mayor's new toy

No comments:

Post a Comment