Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

rain, rain, go away

Seriously, rain, go away. I admit, I love a good rainstorm and day inside the house every once in a while...but an entire week of rain is torture, especially with children. Can I get an Amen?! Day 2 of serious cabin fever hit this morning, almost before I even got The Mayor out of the crib. No lie. It was like he could feel the rain outside and knew the day ahead was going to be a boring one. Mr. Whiny Pants then made his appearance. And this is after he slept in until 9:30. Can't imagine how the morning would have started if he had woken up at his normal 8-8:30 time. Breakfast was actually a good one...he ate 3 waffles (you would think I was starving the kid) and 2 glasses of OJ. While he was eating, I was trying to map out the day. I then realized I got a free 60 day membership to BJ's wholesale club. PERFECT! Who doesn't love killing time in a wholesale club? Aunt Morgan even agreed to meet us for the field trip...bonus!

The trip was fun. They sell all the brands we use and I realized we could be saving a lot of money by buying this stuff in bulk. Such a productive morning. Got us out of the house, realized I could be saving this household some money, found a Thomas The Train DVD on sale for The Mayor...good day! The Mayor welcomed the change of scenery and mommy welcomed some adult interaction. Win Win!

On a side note, I finally caved in and got The Mayor a haircut. I LOVE the curls he has, but the sides were getting a bit too long and he could barely see with the hair in his eyes. I took him to Halfpint Haircuts and they spoiled him rotten. They loaded him up with a DumDum lollipop and put in a Thomas DVD for his own personal TV at his haircutting station. He was mesmerized. Didn't move. The perfect toddler getting his haircut. I, on the other hand, held back tears as I watched his sweet curls fall to the floor. Luckily, his hair grows quickly and those curls should be back in time for The Mayor's 2nd birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment