Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 7, 2009

i yove yo

Today The Mayor is 682 days old. He is told "I love you" and kissed no less than 15 times a day just by me. That is 10,230 single kisses and "I love yous" given out by me to him since he was born. Somewhere around "I love you" number 5, his daddy was already asking "how old will he be until he says this back?" Well, it was somewhere around day 652. What a day! Seriously, the joy that was felt when that sweet face with those big teeth grinned at us and said those 3 words...hearts melted here. But there was a trick. We tried since he started talking to get an "I love you" out of him...nothing. One day last month I sang it to him and out it came "I yove yo". Sweet perfection! You sing it to him and he sings it back. And some days the "yo" is drawn out with such emphasis that I could cry.

And this is why I started this blog...for this reason, to capture it and look back on this years from now and smile. I don't anticipate the "I love yous" to get any fewer...we are already at 10,230 so in the course of his life there will be millions. But the way it is said will change. I pray when he is 15 he will still have that sweet voice and "I yove yo" will come out. I know it won't...so when his voice changes and gets deeper and the "I yove yo" is "I love you", this moment in time will be a precious memory.

2 comments:

  1. That is too sweet!! You have one precious little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!! I can't believe we missed hearing those sweet words by just a month. Tell Ryan his Florida girls love him too.

    ReplyDelete