Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

milestones

One month away from The Mayor's 2nd birthday and today we had a big milestone. I wish it was something sweet and endearing like The Mayor sang me a song or when he started walking or came up to me and grabbed my face and said "I love you". No, today's milestone is a milestone in the not so glamourous life of having a toddler. Today, The Mayor figured out how to take off his own diaper.

The morning started out perfect. The Mayor decided to sleep in extra long and I got a call from a dear friend from Texas whom I haven't spoken to in months. I got to talk to her for a long 45 minutes when The Mayor finally started waking up around 10AM. I went upstairs to get The Mayor dressed for the day when I saw his pajama pants lying on the floor. Not abnormal, he usually takes his pants off when he is sleeping in separates. And I could smell that a bowel movement had occurred in the middle of the night, again, not abnormal. It was upon walking up to the crib that I saw it. And by 'it' I mean, yep, you guessed it....poop. All over. And by 'all over' I mean, yep, you guessed it...ALL OVER. All over his quilt, his sheet, his "dogdog", his legs, his feet, his back. And apparently the diaper removal had occurred hours before he decided to wake up for the morning because the poop was essentially lacquered onto his body. I tried to initially scrub him down with baby wipes so bath time would be easier but no such luck.

The Mayor had 2 baths this morning. One to scrub him clean, I had to scrub so hard that his legs were red. Then we cleaned the tub and started with bath number #2 to reclean him. By 11:00AM, we finally went downstairs to feed The Mayor breakfast. Then I was able to get back upstairs to disinfect his entire crib. Sheets, quilts, "dogdog" all went into the wash on the sanitary wash (a God send of a washing cycle). Then I had to disinfect his mattress and all the slats of his crib. By 11:30 this morning, we were finally ready to start our day. Only 2 1/2 hours behind schedule. Not too bad considering we hit a huge milestone this morning.

Somehow I have the feeling that we have already hit all the fun milestones like crawling, walking, talking, kissing and we are on to the "fun" milestones. I feel crayon drawings on my walls right around the corner.

All clean

No comments:

Post a Comment