Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

a mommy timeout

A huge thank you to D for letting me get the heck out of dodge as soon as we were done with dinner tonight. I just needed some time away from these 4 walls and with no involvement in the kids bedtime routines. The past couple of weeks we have just hit a new stage with The Mayor. He is totally re-testing his boundaries and staking his independence. And this mommy needed a timeout.

I got my eyebrows waxed, leisurely strolled through Target and went grocery shopping at Publix. It was so exhilarating not having to say "please sit down" or "please stop laying on your sister" or "if you sit in the buggy then you can have the cookie" or "Love Bug, you are fine, please stop crying" or whatever mommyism I would happen to say at any moment with the kids.

Thanks to Meega for tagging along on the timeout.

And I know, I know, one day I will look back on these times and miss them. Blah, blah, blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment