Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

pool day

Our trip to my friend's pool on Monday with Tara must have given me some serious confidence about taking my two kids to the pool by myself because when I agreed to meet some of our friends up there today, I wasn't the least bit anxious. I was actually looking forward to it. Love Bug is becoming quite the water baby...when I sat her down at the beach entry of the baby pool, Miss Priss kept scooting herself deeper and deeper into the pool. She wasn't happy until she was sitting neck deep in the water...and she would just squeal and laugh. I would panic, pull her up to the shallower water and she would scoot herself back down.

When we ventured over to the big pool, Love Bug would lounge in her shaded float while The Mayor went up and down the water slide. He is becoming so big and independent. I would catch him at the end of the slide and help him "swim" to the stairs, but he would climb the hill to the top of the slide by himself and come back down...over and over. It was a great day with our friends playing, eating lunch together and catching up. After a few hours, I took two very tired children home. Love Bug napped for 3 hours while The Mayor and I just enjoyed the quiet afternoon. Both kids have been bathed and are asleep. Looking forward to many more days like this.

not too long ago he couldn't walk around in this pool without toppling over...now he can run through the water like he owns the joint

Busted! Attempting to scoot deeper into the water

No comments:

Post a Comment