Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

it's so good to be home

We arrived in Richmond late this afternoon and when we crossed the state line into Virginia, I got so giddy. I miss this city and realize just how badly I do miss it when I actually get the chance to visit. It feels so good to be back home.

We are staying with my cousin Tammy and her family. It. is. awesome. I am so happy we will be here for the next 5 days. My girl Tammy cracks me up like no one else can...and her daughter Darla is just as much of a character. Tammy always says she is raising a little me. What can I say...these awesome genes deep run in our family.

Tomorrow we are loading up and spending the day with my oldest and one of my dearest friends Dana and her family. I can not wait. I haven't seen her in YEARS. We talk on a very regular basis but just don't get to see each other nearly enough. But when we do...it is always fun. We laugh like it is our job and I just can't wait to get to her house.

There is so much awesomeness that is going to be crammed into the next 5 days. I am not going to want to leave. Friday we are spending the day at Tammy's house on the river, Saturday we will be visiting more family and my mom's gravesite, Sunday is D's race and then we will be back at Tammy's hanging out and relaxing. Monday, sadly, we are heading back to Atlanta.

I'm going to log off now and hang with my family. Need to soak up every single second.

Uncle Bobby

one fussy Love Bug

Patrick and The Mayor playing with trains and cars...all boy

Darla and Tammy

Darla...the thinker

No comments:

Post a Comment