Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

every creature is healthy...


Our Thursday was crazy.  I didn't blog about it because by the time the end of the day got here, I was too exhausted.  And yesterday I was just so happy everyone was on the mend, and we were busy baking, that it kind of slipped my mind.  

Thursday, the kids and I had a couple of last minute errands we needed to run.  I wanted to go ahead and get started early to beat as much of the crowds as possible.  And D was coming home after lunch so I wanted to be done by the time he got home.  After we ran our errands, The Mayor told me his throat was hurting him.  By the time we got home, we was crying that his throat was hurting him.  My sweet boy started crying at noon and cried non-stop for three. hours. straight.

Thankfully, D got home around 12:30 and Love Bug went down for an early nap.  D and I took turns trying to soothe and comfort The Mayor until his doctor's appointment at 3:00.  At 1:50 I told D I was taking him to the doctor early and praying someone had either canceled or they could squeeze us in.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  Hearing The Mayor crying in agony that his throat and ears were hurting,  I needed him to get some relief.  He even asked me to take him to the doctor so she could give him some medicine to make his ears feel better. 

Thank the Good Lord because the nurse at the desk got us right in.  The poor boy cried during the entire checkup...the doctor gave him some Motrin and put drops in his ears to numb the pain.  Prognosis: double ear infection and strep throat. 

On the way to the pharmacy, The Mayor passed out.  He was exhausted from crying for 3 hours and being in so much pain.  He was so tired he actually fell asleep with his eyes open.  The freakiest thing I have ever seen.  

Sweet boy passed out on me while we waited for his medicine.  


It is amazing how quickly antibiotics can get into someone's system and start making them feel better.  By dinner time, he actually had a little bit of an appetite and played a little.  

By yesterday, he was his normal self.  

Thank God we are all healthy this Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment