Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 16, 2011

i'll take it


Not sure what is going on, but we have temperatures in the mid 60s to low 70s this week.  Apparently the calendar says mid-December but it feels like the beginning of spring...but I will take it.

The weather has been awesome so we have been able to play outside a lot this week and when D got home from work today, we decided to head up to the outdoor mall and walk around.  Why not?  Nothing better than free entertainment...especially outside.

We laughed because usually the kids are chomping at the bit to walk around when we are shopping but for the first loop around the mall, The Mayor chose to ride D's back and Love Bug wanted to be held by me.  Neither of us minded, we enjoy the moments when the littles want to be held...they won't want it forever.

D and The Mayor

my beautiful view

giving the reindeer some love

cheese

getting ready to jump

The kids had a blast running around and then hanging in the kids section of Barnes and Noble.  We looked through books and found a train table!  Jackpot!  I had no idea there was a train table, with Thomas trains, set up in the kids section of Barnes and Noble...but now that we know, I imagine we will be there often.

After our impromptu playing, we went for a quick dinner and then home for bed.


at dinner, Love Bug's first ice cream cone
(thank goodness for OxyClean)

Tomorrow D has a 10K in the morning and then we will piddle around town until nap time.  Tomorrow afternoon, the kids are going to Mamie and PopPop's and D and I are having a much needed date night.  CAN. NOT. WAIT.  After this crazy week, it will be so nice to just decompress and chill out with my favorite guy.

I forgot to post these earlier in the week, but check out this enormous tree in downtown Atlanta.  We went there after our trip to Santa...I could barely fit the entire tree in the shot with my camera phone.

that's my little Love Bug and The Mayor in front of the tree...
they look like little peanuts next to this monster tree

No comments:

Post a Comment