Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

behind the 8 ball


I have completely fallen behind on blogging and picture taking.  I don't think I have taken one picture of Love Bug or The Mayor this week...so not like me.

Here is a little recap of where we are.

Most important, we are in the midst of finding The Mayor a new Occupational Therapist.  I have fired his current one; she just doesn't know it yet.  I canceled his appointment last week and will be canceling it again on Monday.  I'm part scaredy-cat and part waiting until I find the new OT before I make the call letting them know we are moving to another facility.  I am sure it will be fine and I know it happens all of the time, I just dread having that conversation.  The quick and dirty version of the story is I was already on the fence about her.  She is a lovely lady but I felt like she was doing this as her job and not her passion.  And I want an OT passionate about what they are doing.  She has rescheduled on me twice and is always the last therapist to pick up The Mayor from the lobby and the first to bring him back.  Last week, we were in the lobby for 15 minutes and then saw her walk into the building!  I'm sorry; we are spending a small fortune on this therapy that I expect not only for you to be at work on time, but to be giving us our full hour.  Anyway, on that particular day, The Mayor was having an off day and had a meltdown.  I ended up having to pick him up 3 minutes after I dropped him off and now he tells me he is "scared" of his OT.  He panics every time I bring up her name.  He doesn't like the fact that she held onto his arm when he attempted to leave the building to find me.  She did nothing wrong in this instance.  She should have absolutely kept him from leaving the building but the trust on his end has been broken.  And how do you restore that with a 4 year old?  Something happened during that session that freaks him out and he refuses to go back.

Next up is our sweet Love Bug turns 2.  Ugh.  How is my baby almost 2?  I have a lot to do this week and next week to prepare for the big day!  Looking forward to a house full of family and friends to celebrate our Love Bug!

And that's about all the chaos I can think to write about...more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment