Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

a fun wakeup call


D and I woke up at 2:30 AM to some strange crying coming from The Mayor's room.  It was strange enough that we both jumped out of bed and ran into his room.  He told us he needed to go to the bathroom.  So D put him on the potty and I told D to go back to bed.  The Mayor and I were chatting while he went to the bathroom and I noticed something on his face.  I turned on the lights and saw it was vomit.  I checked his bed and he had thrown up.  I stripped his bed, put him bed with us and grabbed the trash can.

Around 4 AM, he told me he needed to "puke in the bucket".  And sure enough, he did.  At least this time no beds needed to be stripped and he and I went back to sleep until 8:30.  At 8:30, I put on Disney for him to watch TV in bed while I took care of a few things downstairs.  I could hear Love Bug stirring so I went in to get her up.  As soon as I opened the door, I could smell it.  She had vomited too.

Considering both kids had gotten sick in the middle of the night, they were both in pretty good spirits this morning.  And thankfully, neither had a fever.  We put on some clean and comfy PJs, came downstairs and settled in for a whole lot of TV watching.  The Mayor took the recliner and Love Bug took the couch.  We stayed like this for about an hour and then I made a pallet on the floor.  They loved cuddling together and watching nothing but the Disney channel and any movie they wanted.

Thankfully, Meega went to Publix for me this morning and loaded us up on saltines, Ginger Ale and Gatorade.  These items got us through the day.

Neither munchkin got sick again, so I am praying we just had a 24 hour bug hit...and that it is now gone.  I guess we will know in the morning.

sweet Love Bug cuddled on the couch watching TV

cuddling on the pallet

eating saltines

giving each other "get better" kisses

sweet hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment