Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

meet the teachers

Today was "Meet The Teachers" at preschool.  The Mayor and Love Bug were so excited to get to school and see their new classrooms.  Typical Love Bug - so excited to get there and once she is in class becomes shy, sheds a few tears and then gets won over when her teacher shows her the baby doll collection.  By the end, she is waving, saying "bye-bye" and dishing out hugs for her teachers.

The Mayor did great today.  He patiently waited to get to his class while we went to Love Bug's first.  He sat in a chair quietly and then asked nicely to play with some trains.  He made sure to share the trains with the little ones.  He really has come such a long way.

After we met Love Bug's teachers, we went to The Mayor's class.  He greeted his teachers, made sure he found his name on his cubby and then went straight to the Lego table.  If there aren't trains around, he will find something to build.

I am really excited about this year.  I am going to be honest, I am nervous too.  I really want The Mayor to have a great last year of preschool.  I feel like it has been one hellacious roller coaster the past couple of years and I really want this year to be a great one for him.  He deserves it.  His teachers seem encouraged and everyone I have spoken to has said we couldn't have asked for better PreK teachers.  So now it is in God's Hands...

Tomorrow, we head to Athens to visit Meghan.  The kids are beyond excited.  My dear friend Sue, who happens to be Meghan's mom, is coming with us.  It will be fun to see Meghan in her element instead of her coming here to babysit and play with the kids here at our house.  Plus, a day in Athens...it doesn't get any better than that!

where did my baby go?

such an amazing boy

checking out the dollhouse in her classroom

me and my favorite girl

doing puzzles together

sweet boy...getting tired.  Smiling while sucking his thumb




No comments:

Post a Comment