Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

one second ago


Today my heart is breaking.  Today, I found out a friend of mine from high school lost her husband yesterday.  He was serving in Afghanistan and lost his life to a suicide bombing.  She is my age and has 2 year old twins.

I get it.  Life sucks.  And we are not guaranteed any amount of time on this Earth.  But it still doesn't keep me from somehow naively thinking we are still immune to loss.  But we aren't guaranteed anything.  We aren't guaranteed the next second.  We are only guaranteed one second ago.  Our past.  And I hate that it takes moments in life like this to make me appreciate what I have staring at me in the face.  It makes the whining and temper tantrums so much more tolerable when you think about someone else in the world attempting to accept the fact she is a 36 year old widow.

And I should know better.  I know loss.  But even after experiencing a loss you just never think will ever occur to you, I still have days where I think I am immune to losing someone again.  And I hate it is days like this that remind me of just how fragile life really is.  I hate someone else has to lose so I can gather an appreciation for what I have.  Why can't I appreciate it everyday?

I need to log off now and go love on my blessings...and start appreciating.



No comments:

Post a Comment