Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 24, 2012

nothing better than a day in athens


We were out the door by 10AM and in Athens an hour and a half later.  We first went to Meghan's apartment and got the grand tour (I wish Ikea was around when I was in college - their apartment was so cute with fun Ikea furniture and decorations).  After the tour, we loaded up and went to lunch and then back to Meghan's apartment to get her roommate.  Then we made the short drive to downtown and walked around.  I just love downtown Athens.  The atmosphere is amazing.  I actually wanted to go and sit in a lecture.  It really made me miss going to classes and being in college.

We went to a store downtown to get some game day shirts for The Mayor.  I picked him up two shirts and of course found the cutest dress ever for Love Bug.  Even though I told myself she needed no clothes with Georgia/UGA on them since she has plenty, I still caved in.  The dress was too cute not to buy.  After I made my purchases, we walked around downtown and got some frozen yogurt.  By the time we were done with walking, shopping and frozen yogurt, it was 3:00.  The kids were getting tired and we still had to drive back to Atlanta.

The kids were so sad to leave Meghan.  After I promised we would go back and that Meghan would be home soon as well, they agreed to get in the car and head home.  Ten minutes later, Love Bug was passed out in her car seat.

We got home around 5:00 and after a quick dinner and some errands, it was bedtime.  The kids were exhausted from a great day in Athens.

This weekend finds us with no plans and I love weekends like that!  The weather should be great and I hope to spend lots of time outside playing.

Meghan and Love Bug

The Mayor, Meghan and Love Bug

sweet girls

Sue and Love Bug

The Arch - Go Dawgs!

Allyssa, Love Bug and Meghan (Love Bug loved being with the "big girls")

the girls swinging Love Bug

love

No comments:

Post a Comment