Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

so magical


Well our trip to Walt Disney World hasn't started out as planned.  The plan was to go to South Georgia Wednesday afternoon after The Mayor got out of school, spend the night with MeMe and Big Daddy, get up early Thursday morning to head to Orlando, go to Animal Kingdom Thursday, Magic Kingdom Friday and Sunday and Hollywood Studios on Saturday and then come home Monday.  It was a good plan.  This is what happened:

On the way to South Georgia, I started feeling sick.  I knew I was getting a fever and my whole body ached.  I had started getting a hacking cough that morning as well.  In the middle of the night, my fever was 100.8 and I felt horrible.  When we woke up Thursday morning, I had no energy; I could barely stand to take a shower.  We decided to head to Valdosta so I could go to an walk-in clinic and we would take our time getting to Orlando and push Animal Kingdom from Thursday to Monday.  I left that clinic with a prescription for Tamiflu and Z-pack.  I haven't had the flu in 30 years and I get it on our trip to Disney World?

While I was in the walk-in clinic, D was in the local Publix with Love Bug who was having diarrhea.  By the time we got to Orlando, her fever was 103.3.  So she and I went to a walk-in clinic here while D and The Mayor went to Downtown Disney.  They did a flu test on her and it immediately turned positive for Flu B.  We left there with a prescription for Tamiflu.

All drugged up and refusing to let the flu slow us down, we headed to Magic Kingdom yesterday morning.  Oh that place is so magical.  I actually cried during the afternoon parade because I was so happy the kids were able to see all their favorite characters.  Some even came up to give the kids high-fives and some of the princesses saw Love Bug and waved to her.  Since we are here to celebrate The Mayor's 5th birthday, many people in the parade said "Happy Birthday" to him as did almost every employee that walked by us.  By the end of the night, The Mayor made sure his button was clearly visible because he loved getting the birthday attention.

The Mayor was tall enough to ride Space Mountain, so he and D rode that and The Mayor LOVED it. We have a roller coaster fan for sure.  When I asked him which ride was his favorite, he said Space Mountain.  I promised he and daddy would ride it again when we go back on Sunday.

We hit the park hard until 4:30 and then came back to the hotel for a quick rest.  Then we were back at the park for the 7:30 lights parade, the Cinderella's Castle show and the fireworks.  Then we rode more rides until 9:00.  Sweet Love Bug fell asleep on D's shoulder so we headed back to the shuttles to come back to the hotel.  The Mayor fell asleep on me on the bus.  We played hard and slept hard.

We are taking our time getting ready this morning, but we will be heading out to Hollywood Studios today.  Can't wait for more fun!

our family in front of Cinderella's Castle

D and Love Bug

on Dumbo

on the teacups

D and The Mayor on Buzz Lightyear

Mickey and Minnie

Cinderella and Prince Charming

Belle waving to Love Bug and The Mayor

The Mayor with his Goofy hat

Love Bug with her Repunzel hat

on the carousel  


on the carousel

she changed into her Snow White dress for the our nighttime trip to Magic Kingdom

before the fireworks




a sleepy princess

No comments:

Post a Comment