Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

we survived


I am writing this blog from the comfort of my home...which means we survived Disney 2013.  It is by the Grace of God that we made it.  Seriously, because with the fevers, coughs and aches we were all nursing, there is no reason we should have been upright let alone walking around the Happiest Place On Earth for 4 days.

Yesterday morning, we all woke up, showered, packed up the car and headed to Animal Kingdom.  Of course it wouldn't be a Shirley vacation if we didn't enter the park without some drama.  Love Bug tripped, cut her knee and got a nice goose egg on her forehead.  So the first place we went was First Aid.



After she was cleaned up, we headed to the Safari.  The Safari was amazing.  We were in a big truck driving through the African Safari...it took about 20 minutes and we saw tons of animals.  It was early in the morning and still fairly cool so all of the animals were out.  I don't know who liked it more - D and me or the kids.  We left the safari and then hit a gift shop to buy the kids a little treat.  Then we left. It was hard too...it would have been easy to have gotten sucked in and ridden some rides, but I knew it was going to be a long day ahead of us so we loaded up and got on the road.

We hit some nasty rain in North Florida but got to Valdosta safely where we ate a late lunch/early dinner and let some of the storm pass.  Thankfully, there was nothing more than light drizzling the rest of the way. We were home by 8:00 and all of us were so excited to sleep in our own beds.  I know I slept like a rock...I barely remember my head hitting the pillow and didn't wake up until 8 this morning.

This morning I took The Mayor and Love Bug to the pediatrician where The Mayor tested positive for Flu B (shocker) and was told Love Bug was on the mend.  She will definitely be going to preschool Thursday...and if The Mayor can stay fever free, he will too.  The rest of the day was spent napping and watching movies.  Tomorrow will be much the same.  I don't know if the kids need it, but I certainly do.  I am exhausted!

black rhino

pelican

monkeys

giraffe

elephants


lion

pink flamingos

lioness 

ostrich eggs

ostrich

warthog

zebras




No comments:

Post a Comment