Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

valentine's day


We had a great surprise this morning when we woke up and found D downstairs working...he decided to work from home today so he could attend the kids Valentine's parties.  The kids LOVE having D home...every night they ask if he has to go to work tomorrow.  Friday nights and Saturday nights are the best when he gets to say "no, I will be here tomorrow".  Those nights the kids couldn't be happier if they won the lottery.

Love Bug's party started at noon and The Mayor's started at 12:25 so I was able to make an appearance at both.  D and I went to Love Bug's party where we made several crafts and then she and D ate and played games while I went to The Mayor's party.  The Mayor's party was more of a sweetheart tea where they served the moms and made little gifts for us.  There was a cute flowerpot made of lentil beans with each kids picture growing out of it (this is how we knew were to sit).  Then the kids made us a placemat that said "I love you to pieces" where there were puzzle pieces pasted on to a heart, a portrait painted of us, and a questionnaire about us filled out by our kids.  Luckily, The Mayor guessed my age correctly...he said I was 22 years old.  If only!

We spent the rest of the day running a few errands and then running to the mall to do some Valentine's Day shopping for me.  After shopping, D treated us to Mexican for dinner and then we went to Mamie and PopPop's house for a quick visit.  Aunt Jenny and baby Elizabeth are here visiting.  It is our first time meeting sweet Elizabeth and just as expected, The Mayor adores her and Love Bug was shy.  I am sure by the end of the weekend, they will all be fast friends.

Tomorrow is a school holiday so we are going to enjoy having absolutely nothing to do.

walking into her party...such a Love Bug face.  Shy, grabbing at her clothes with her head tilted and tongue sticking out.  

cute bulletin board in Love Bug's room...it's the kids from her T,Th class and the M,W,F class that also shares her room

Love Bug's picture on the bulletin board

me and my favorite girl

daddy's girl

doing crafts

the cute flowerpot with The Mayor's face on a flower

my placemat

my portrait

i love this boy


No comments:

Post a Comment