Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

baseball


Yesterday was the kick off to our weekend.  We took the kids to the pool (they had a blast although the water is still too cold for my liking) and then we had a babysitter and D and I had a fun night out playing tennis and having a cookout with 4 other couples in our neighborhood.  Around 10:00 D started feeling sick, so we actually left early.

He still wasn't feeling well this morning, so I took the kids to church and then brought Love Bug home and The Mayor and I spent the day at the Gwinnett Braves game.  A couple other families from our Sunday School class were going, and although I hated D and Love Bug weren't going to be there, I had a blast with my boy.  I knew Love Bug wouldn't be entertained and willing to sit through 9 innings and I just wasn't brave enough to tackle both at the game by myself.  Therefore, she had one-on-one time with her daddy and The Mayor had one-on-one time with me.

This was my first minor league baseball game and I was pretty impressed.  The ballpark was beautiful and we walked right up to the ticket window and got seats right behind the batter's circle on the visitor's side.  We were in the shade the entire game and had a great view.  After the game, the kids were allowed to run the bases.  Of course, this was the highlight of the day for The Mayor.  That and the giant size waffle cone he ate during the 4th inning.  And the best part of the minor league baseball games are the prices.  Sitting behind home plate was $15, the giant waffle cone (seriously - had 3 scoops of ice cream in it) was $5.  If we had been in Atlanta, that cone would have cost me twice as much and would have been half the size.

The Mayor and I got home around 6:00 and the kids ate outside at their table on the deck.  Summer is here so that means they get to stay up later.  Thinking 8:00 will be their normal summer bedtime...although Love Bug didn't quite make it.  She was falling asleep around 7:30 - which is crazy considering she slept until after 9:00 this morning.  I think she is catching up from having such horrible sleep last week as she transitioned into her big girl bed.  So happy her sleeping in is coming back.  Now if only her brother would do the same.

our view

my favorite boy


ice cream face

running the bases

all the kids...a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment