Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 27, 2013

memorial day


Today was by the far the best day of the long weekend.  We woke up, had breakfast and went outside to play in the backyard.  To say the weather was perfect was a complete understatement.  The temps were in the high 60s low 70s and although they didn't stay that way we enjoyed every second of it this morning.  After we played for awhile, we came inside for a quick lunch and then headed to the greenway.  D loaded the kids up in the double stroller and I decided to work on my running.  I have been running on the treadmill for the past few weeks but running outside is completely different.  I ran 2.1 miles today without stopping!  Pretty proud of myself.  And by this time the temps were in the low 80s so it probably wasn't my best decision to run at that time of the day but I made it!

After I ran, I walked a bit to get the heart rate down so D and the kids ran a bit.  They ran back to the car where I did my best not to pass out and they kept on walking to the playground.  We let the kids play at the playground until their cheeks were red and their hair was wet from sweat and then we went to get icy drinks to cool off.

We hit Publix to get food for dinner and to make s'mores later and then came home and got into our bathing suits.  D filled the cooler with water and we had a water fight.  It was so much fun...the kids had a blast squirting each other and especially getting D and me wet.  D and I of course got in on the fun and started getting each other wet.  Love Bug loved getting people wet but did not like getting wet herself.  We were nice to her this time...next time it is every man for themselves!

After the water fight, we dried off and rested for a little bit.  We put the movie Brave on and watched the first hour and then stopped to eat dinner.  After dinner, we played for a bit and then ventured into the backyard to build a fire in the fire pit and enjoyed some s'mores.  Love Bug just ate the marshmallows and the chocolate but wouldn't eat an actual s'more.  The Mayor would have eaten his weight in s'mores if we had let him.  After s'mores, we came back in and watched the last 25 minutes of Brave and then the kids actually started walking upstairs.  When I asked The Mayor where he was going, he said "I'm going to bed".  Guess that means it was a successful day if my kids are putting themselves to bed!

Tomorrow D goes back to work and the kids and I will be going to the gym and then to the pool.  The weather all week will be in the 80s so we will definitely be hitting the pool a lot this week!  Hello summer!

loading up!

battle of the boys

ganging up on daddy

couldn't wait for the marshmallow

cute marshmallow roaster

cute marshmallow eater

messy but cute



No comments:

Post a Comment